Friday, October 4, 2019

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Review in Progress

Since Monday, I’ve spent 24 full hours belly-crawling my way across Auroa – the fictional island-chain setting of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint on Xbox One X, most of it with a co-op partner by my side. I can confirm that, during nearly all of that time, I have been having fun with Ubisoft’s latest tale of Ghosts and grunts – though I’ve had to stop and ask myself that question and really think about it a couple of times. Part of the lack of undeniably fun moments is due to the fact that I feel like I’ve played this game already, several times over.

Breakpoint is exactly what I’ve come to expect from a Ubisoft open-world game: lots of progression systems that reward your every move; a big and beautiful open world to run, drive or fly across; and a few dozen outpost bases littered with bad dudes you can takedown in a number of ways. That’s a good thing in that Ubisoft’s open-world formula is so often used because it works well – it’s a good time if you like overlapping progression, constant reinforcement, and collectibles – but also that it feels a bit too familiar and is hard to get excited about. In this particular case, it’s also littered with bugs, glitches, and weird design choices that can halt its momentum right when it seems like it’s going to start picking up speed.

Continue reading…



from IGN Video Games https://ift.tt/2Vg3aBV
https://ift.tt/eA8V8J October 04, 2019 at 08:15AM https://ift.tt/1a4Rbxe

No comments:

Post a Comment